Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Holding Pen

9:42 am Thursday Korea time

We're here for our meeting early, so we've been allowed to camp out in
a room that reminds me of every cop show I've ever seen. I'm not
certain what our Korean host said, but I think it was probably
something like, "Just wait here and the good cop will bring you a cup
of coffee."

The room does feature the best view of Seoul's mountains that I've seen
so far, thanks to its location on the 25th floor. Interestingly (or
maybe not), there is no fourth floor in most Korean buildings, because
four is a number associated with death.

(I'll post a picture as soon as I can -- I forgot the adapter for tranferring pictures from my camera to my laptop).

Also, the bank in the lobby of this building goes in English as Worribank.
I'm guessing they don't get a lot of ex-pat business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home