Am I too soon or too late?
The San Francisco Chronicle today covers the end of blogging. Well, sort of. It writes about several high-profile bloggers who have recently called it quits or scaled way back on their level of (public) on-line activity.
Not just an appreciation for silence, a new appreciation for silence. We as a society (and particularly those among us who like technology) like discovering new things. We even like to pretend that we discovered something new, even when it's quite old. Like silence.
I appreciate silence. I really do. Especially non-crying, baby and preschooler sleeping silence, which I'm enjoying right now.
Hear that? That's the sound of me not beating myself up about a couple days without new posts. Ahhh.....
Peter Merholz, creator of the word "blog," mothballed his site in January 2003, only to return that March with "a new appreciation for silence."
Not just an appreciation for silence, a new appreciation for silence. We as a society (and particularly those among us who like technology) like discovering new things. We even like to pretend that we discovered something new, even when it's quite old. Like silence.
I appreciate silence. I really do. Especially non-crying, baby and preschooler sleeping silence, which I'm enjoying right now.
Hear that? That's the sound of me not beating myself up about a couple days without new posts. Ahhh.....


1 Comments:
Oh, I finally get it! Three posts, then this one on the end of blogging, and this blog goes silent! Like a practical joke! Clever!
Post a Comment
<< Home